(At 11PM is when all of this started.)
Stan says, “Hang on, I’ll be there in a bit”.
So, after waiting a bit and listening to this water continuing to run I went and dragged him down to take a look. Once we got a flashlight in there, low and behold water was gushing into the boat. When I asked the silly question of where the water was coming from and Stan’s reply was “from the river that we are sitting in.” Now comes the big “Oh, SHIT” as the scope of it dawns on me.
We quickly got the gear clamps that were laying there back on the exhaust pipe which slowed the water considerably. Problem was the hose was split in half lengthwise along the top as they were repairing the exhaust line. Bilge pumps were working thankfully as this river of water was hopefully flowing into the bilge. Next step was to add water to our water tanks to level the boat back out which then stopped the incoming water completely. (We seem to have a fairly consistent problem with the boat listing from one to the other for various reasons.)
Come to find out the workman working on the boat did not do what they were supposed to do yesterday while waiting for a part to come today.
At 8AM the workman show up to finish the repairs and I filled them in on what happened. Another “Oh Shit” response.
The owner of the yard was not too happy with his workers when I explained what happened. Thankfully we were on board when all of this happened and bottom line, we didn’t sink.